What is Functional and Integrative Nutrition?
Functional Nutrition emphasizes high quality foods and phytonutrient diversity to address clinical imbalances and moves you towards your highest expression of health.
Functional Nutrition begins with a comprehensive look at your health history. It seeks to uncover underlying causes of a symptom or illness as opposed to simply silencing the symptoms.
What can I expect during my visits?
Everyone’s health journey is different and as such requires an individual and personalized approach, a road map to help navigate and manage health conditions that arise. The number of visits required to achieve this goal varies among individuals.
Optimal health is not necessarily a destination or something you achieve rather it is something you constantly are moving towards. During your initial visit we will first take a look at where you are and where you would like to be on your personal health journey. We will begin with an assessment of your current diet and determine how it may be impacting your health. We will discuss all that has brought you to where you are now including your family and health histories and then discuss how to best minimize any current risks. Therapeutic Nutrition Interventions can often prevent, reverse or delay the onset of disease.
Eating well is about much more than just the food. Eating well is lifestyle choice. It is a conscious choice to buy foods that nourish the body as well as the spirit. It can be both comforting and healing; boosting your body’s natural healing potential. The goal is to prepare foods and eat in a way that will help your body move towards the goal of optimal health through optimal living.
Individual Nutrition Consultations
Initial Consultation: 50 – 60 minutes
- Review of family history, past medical history and current dietary intake
- Completion of Nutrition Intake form and medical symptom questionnaire
- Goal setting and discussion of first steps
- Recommendations for nutritional and functional medicine testing if warranted
Follow up Consults: 25 – 60 minutes
- Assessment of progress with initial plan making adjustments as necessary
- Review of recent labs and possible significance
- Review of short and long term goals; identifying barriers
Common Conditions Addressed:
Digestive Disorders (IBS, IBD, GERD, reflux etc)
- Food sensitivities
- Pre-diabetes/ Diabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Cancer prevention
- Food Sensitivities
- Detoxification through whole food/ medical food support
- Supplement review
- Auto Immune Disease management/support
- Healthy Aging
- Cardiovascular Disease